OC Fair + Matt Nathanson concert

By Tina - July 25, 2016

Well hi there!!!! 

It's been awhile since I last updated the blog. I would be lying if I said that I've been busy- I haven't. Netflix all day. ^_^

But I did do a thing on Friday! I went to the OC Fair and watched a concert with a friend. :) The fair was fun. The concert was fun. The weather was not fun.

I bought a pair of tickets months ago to see Matt Nathanson. Back then I had no idea that the Pacific Amphitheater tickets included OC Fair admission... AND a free ferris wheel ride too!!!!!!! What a treat!!!!!! 

As usual, below are photos that I took to document my day. They are in order this time. 

We got to the fair at around 5:40pm or so. The concert starts at 7pm and the doors open at 6. You can go in directly to the OC Fair through the entrance to the Pacific Amphitheater. I highly recommend doing so to avoid the long lines at the main entrance. Although this fair tactic only works if you plan on hitting up the OC Fair in the evening and you have a ticket to the concert. So never mind. It probably won't apply to anyone so now this information is useless. I stop now.
 The venue seats 8,000 people according to the credible Wikipedia. The seats have cup holders. Now this is useful information.
 I recognize that happy noodle baby anywhere. 
 I do not have a love affair with bacon. Bacon is good. But bacon is not life. Guys! Stop putting it on everything!
But the OC Fair isn't the OC Fair without something (normal pls) covered in bacon... My friend and I split a bacon wrapped turkey leg. It set us back $23. The turkey was delicious but very unmanageable to eat. Our faces were covered in grease. We did not look pretty.
 A photo of a lemon.
 A photo of corn.
 A photo of a blue bear. 
These yellow guys are everywhere. Seriously everywhere. I've seen them take over every major U.S. holiday. You can even fill a whole Pinterest board on minion things. Minion cupcakes have been pinned over a hundred thousand times.
 Of course I need a photo of the signage for my OC Fair day to be official.
 The only dog okay to give up on a quarter way through.
 The view from our seats. 
The opener was Great Big World. There are two main singers. One of them is in blue. The other is in white. 
The only reason I know who they were.
 Tangela?!?!?! Where are you??? For those of you who do not know, Tangela is a Pokemon. It evolves to become Tangrowth if it learns Ancient Power. 
 Matt Nathanson came on second. The line-up had a third guy, Philip Philips. I only know his radio hits (I believe there were two). My OC Fair companion only knew of one. So we skipped Philip Philips. 
 I had a very enjoyable time listening to Matt Nathanson sing. My favorite album of his is Modern Love. He has a very pleasant voice. His dancing made me very uncomfortable.
 His jeans are tighter than mine.
 OC Fair at night. The cooler nighttime air brought out more people. 
So many people.
 Twinkies are proof that We the People can achieve anything if we care enough. Twinkies are also proof that we will deep fry anything we love.  
The end.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments