Pls join my crafting circle for a shaker card tutorial

By Tina - January 17, 2016

I made my first shaker card today! It wasn't too hard to make, but there is certainly room for some major improvement. And since practice makes perfect, I decided to make three more shaker cards, this time with photos documenting the progress along the way for proof that I did it.

Here are the supplies I used:
Brush pens for coloring (I used these guys and I super recommend... the colors blend together so nicely!)
Die cutting machine and circle dies (my sister got a Sizzix Big Shot- excited 'cause I got to use which is great 'cause it's too expensive for my budget to buy myself!! If a die cutting machine is out of the price range, a simple circle cutter does the job)
Black ink pad (a waterproof one is good for coloring in with water based inks)
Acrylic blocks and clear stamp pack (the stamps I used today were from Neat and Tangled)
Foam tape and glue
Acetate sheets for the clear plastic window
Cardstock and pattern paper
Sequins and shiny bits of confetti
Corner chomper to round out the edges


First I stamped the images onto some white cardstock. I traced the circle die with a pencil to know where the visible portion of this white paper will show up on the finished card. 
Then I did some coloring. I made the HEY THERE kitty a creepy vomit-y color 'cause I wanted the HEY THERE sentiment to sound creepy.

I then used two other circle dies (one smaller and one larger than the circle die cut for the kitty pictures) and made washers (EDIT: I couldn't think of the right word for this- rings. I made paper rings.) with some pretty pattern paper.

Afterwards I also cut the acetate sheets into circles and then I glued the acetate circles onto the washers. This was the messiest part of the process. I ended up smudging some glue onto the clear windows which sucked 'cause the glue left some sticky dirty window residue. Very unfortunate. Anyway after gluing the circle windows, I added some foam tape for extra dimension so the shaker bits (sequins, confetti, etc, etc.) could move around.

Confetti!!!!

I used some more white cardstock for the card base. Then I used a corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers brand-- this is a good one!) and rounded off the corners.

On the inside of the shaker cards, I also stamped the sentiment LOVE MEOWWW~ because cute. The end.


IMAGE SOURCE: http://cdn3.craftsy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/method3-step4.jpg

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Do you have to buy all these stamps?? Also these would make very cute coasters also if you could get a heavier paperboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I bought all these stamps. I have spent a lot of money on this hobby...

      Delete