My first sewing project: a Taiwanese mountain dog's new toy

By Tina - October 05, 2015

My sister has a dog that she is just crazy about. His name is Charlie and he is a dachshund/beagle mix. 
Photos of Charlie (he is really photogenic, not like the Taiwan mountain dog who refuses to be in any pictures)
And because my sister is crazy about her dog, the month of October means Halloween costume making time for the dog. She made Charlie a little pumpkin costume as well as a Sriracha bottle costume.

Charlie in a pumpkin costume
While my sister was busy making her dog costumes, I passed the time by making 小黑 (the Taiwanese mountain dog, is a lady) a sad red bell pepper toy. (I was at my sister's when she was making dog costumes.)
First I cut out a shape on a newspaper and pinned it down over the cloth. After that I cut out two circular pieces. Originally this was supposed to be an apple, but I am no good at this and the end result was so lumpy....
I used my sister's sewing machine and sewed the two circular pieces together and then flipped the cloth pieces outside in. This was when I decided that no, this lump is not an apple.






I gave my lump a horrified face... but I actually should have given my lump its face before sewing the two red circular lumps together. I hope you learned from my mistake.
I added two squeakers in the lump, one in the body and then one in its hat stem
The end result
Horrified face close up
Taiwan mountain dog and her toy



Later that night 小黑 broke her toy and I vowed to never love her ever again. I am kidding. But I was sad.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments